Being the largest organ of our body, the skin performs a crucial function of shielding the body against external factors like bacteria, sun damage, and environmental pollution. However, our lifestyle and diet can affect our skin health, leading to various skin problems. Therefore, it’s crucial to prioritize healthy skin to maintain our overall health and well-being.
In this blog, we’ll discuss the best supplements for beautiful skin and lifestyle upgrades to improve and maintain our skin health, both cosmetically and health-related.
Common Skin Problems and Their Causes
Unhealthy lifestyle habits can have a significant impact on the health of your skin. Here are several issues that can occur if we fail to care for our skin and overall health:
1. Acne: When the skin’s pores become clogged with dirt, oil, and dead skin cells, it can lead to acne. It can cause pimples, blackheads, and whiteheads.
2. Dry Skin: Lack of moisturization, dehydration, poor diet, and exposure to harsh environmental conditions can contribute to dry, flaky skin.
3. Oily Skin:Unhealthy diet, hormonal imbalances, and stress can all contribute to the overproduction of oil in the skin, leading to a shiny, greasy appearance and an increased risk of acne.
4. Enlarged Pores:When your pores become clogged with oil, dirt, and dead skin cells, they can appear larger and more noticeable.
5. Fine lines and wrinkles: You can experience premature aging without proper care. The skin can lose its elasticity and firmness, leading to the development of wrinkles and fine lines.
6. Dark circles and puffiness: Lack of sleep, constant rubbing and pulling of the skin, and dehydration can cause puffiness around the eyes.
7. Sun damage:Several lifestyle habits can contribute to sun damage, including spending too much time in the sun without proper protection and excessive use of tanning beds. Over time, this exposure to UV rays can cause various skin issues, including premature aging, sunburn, and a higher risk of skin cancer.
8. Hyperpigmentation: Too much exposure to the sun, hormonal changes, and certain medications can all contribute to hyperpigmentation, which causes dark spots and uneven skin tone.
9. Dull complexion: Drinking too much alcohol, not drinking enough water, and exposure to harsh environmental conditions can all contribute to dehydrated skin, which can look dull, flaky, and aged.
10. Rosacea: This chronic skin condition causes redness, flushing, and small, pus-filled bumps. Several lifestyle factors can trigger or exacerbate the condition, including stress, sun exposure, alcohol consumption, and using harsh skincare products.
11. Eczema: Alternatively known as atopic dermatitis, this chronic skin issue leads to red, itchy, and dry patches on the skin. Stress, poor diet, and exposure to environmental and chemical irritants can all trigger eczema flare-ups.
12. Psoriasis: Another chronic autoimmune condition that causes an overgrowth of skin cells, resulting in thick, scaly patches on the skin. While there is no single cause of psoriasis, lifestyle habits such as stress, smoking, alcohol consumption, obesity, and a poor diet can worsen it. Certain medications, infections, and environmental factors like cold weather or sunburn can trigger psoriasis flare-ups.
The Most Effective Supplements for Healthy Skin
Skincare supplements are a great way to provide our body with the essential nutrients needed to maintain healthy skin. Here are 6 of the most recommended supplements for skin health:
One of the best skin supplements is fish oil. Omega-3 fatty acids are vital fats our bodies can’t produce independently. These fatty acids are crucial for healthy skin as they help to reduce inflammation, maintain the skin’s moisture barrier, and prevent premature aging. They also enable conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, and acne, which can negatively affect skin health.
Premier Omega comes from high-quality fish oil, and you can take them without food, without the risk of fish oil burps. This supplement contains MaxSimil® monoglyceride fish oil, which patented technology absorbs three times more efficiently than other fish oils, making it readily available to the body. It leads to maximum benefits, including healthier skin, without any unpleasant side effects.
2. Vitamin C
Among the best skin vitamins, Vitamin C comes on top of the list. It is essential for collagen synthesis, the protein that gives our skin structure and elasticity. Vitamin C also helps the skin resist free radical damage that can lead to skin damage, premature aging, and other skin issues. In addition, vitamin C brightens the skin, smooths out the texture, and reduces wrinkles and fine lines.
Premier Mega C is a powerful vitamin C supplement that contains BioPerine® to help the body absorb and use vitamin C more effectively. BioPerine® is a special extract from black pepper that makes the supplement more bioavailable. This property can make Premier Mega C more effective for improving skin health and supporting overall health and well-being.
This mineral is essential for healthy skin. It helps to reduce inflammation, promote wound healing, and prevent acne. Zinc is also necessary for collagen synthesis, crucial for maintaining healthy skin.
Premier Immune Support is a powerful supplement with a fully reacted, proprietary TRAACS® amino acid chelate specially designed for optimal absorption. The supplement contains zinc, an essential mineral that plays a crucial role in various bodily functions.
4. Vitamin D
Another vitamin for healthy skin is Vitamin D. This vitamin helps regulate cell growth and differentiation, which can help prevent skin from becoming overly thick and scaly, as seen in conditions like psoriasis. Additionally, vitamin D can also reduce inflammation and redness on the skin, as well as protect against damage caused by UV radiation. Vitamin D deficiency has a link with skin issues such as eczema, psoriasis, and atopic dermatitis.
Premier Vitamin D comes in a soft gel and combines vitamin D and sunflower oil. This unique formula helps your body absorb vitamin D more easily by using a special process that creates a natural matrix. This matrix is coated by stomach bile, which encourages vitamin D absorption.
This essential mineral plays a vital role in many biochemical reactions in the body, including those related to skin health. Magnesium helps regulate cellular regeneration, which is critical in maintaining healthy skin cells and preventing skin issues such as psoriasis and acne. Moreover, it helps alleviate redness and irritation in the skin because it is anti-inflammatory. Additionally, magnesium aids in regulating sebum production, preventing acne.
Premier Magnesium is a supplement that contains two types of magnesium, which are Albion®’s TRAACS® magnesium lysinate glycinate and Albion’s chelated dimagnesium malate. The body better absorbs magnesium in these forms.
Also known as vitamin H, biotin is an essential B vitamin vital in maintaining healthy skin. This vitamin is involved in producing fatty acids necessary for healthy skin function. It also supports the metabolism of amino acids, the building blocks of proteins, which are vital for healthy hair, skin, and nails. In addition, biotin helps to strengthen the skin’s protective barrier, which helps to prevent moisture loss and maintain hydration levels.
Premier Hair, Skin & Nails is a supplement that contains ch-OSA and biotin. Ch-OSA is an orthosilicic acid that helps support collagen production in the body. Combining ch-OSA with biotin, Premier Hair, Skin & Nails offers even greater support for healthy, beautiful hair, skin, and nails.
The Best Ways To Keep Skin Healthy With Lifestyle Change
It is important to note that you should use vitamin supplements for the skin in conjunction with healthy lifestyle practices. Here are nine lifestyle changes you can make for healthy skin:
1. Protect your skin from the sun
Wear protective clothing, such as a hat and long-sleeved shirt, and always wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen with a factor of 30 or higher.
2. Get enough sleep
Insufficient sleep may lead to stress, adversely affecting the skin’s health. Sleep plays a critical role in repairing and rejuvenating the skin; thus, it is vital for maintaining its health. Make it your goal to have at least 7-8 of sleep daily to help your skin repair and regenerate.
3. Stay hydrated
Consuming a diet abundant in vegetables, whole grains, fruits, and lean protein can supply our skin with essential nutrients to maintain health. Including foods that contain high levels of antioxidants, such as berries, nuts, and leafy greens, can aid in safeguarding the skin against damage.
4. Eat a healthy diet
Drinking plenty of water can help keep our skin hydrated and plump. Dehydrated skin can appear dry, flaky, and dull. Therefore, drinking enough water is essential for healthy-looking skin.
5. Avoid smoking and excessive alcohol consumption
Smoking can cause premature aging, wrinkles, and a sallow, dull complexion, while excessive alcohol consumption can lead to dehydration, inflammation, and broken blood vessels. Additionally, both smoking and alcohol can impair our immune system, making it a little more challenging for the skin to heal from damage or infections.
6. Exercise regularly
Regular exercise can help improve circulation and blood flow, providing our skin with nutrients and oxygen. Exercise can also help reduce stress, which is beneficial for skin health.
7. Manage stress
Chronic stress can lead to the overproduction of cortisol, a stress hormone that can cause inflammation and skin damage. Inflammation can lead to skin issues. Therefore, finding ways to manage stress, such as practicing yoga or meditation, can benefit our skin health.
8. Keep your skin clean
Make sure to wash your face 2x a day using a gentle cleanser and moisturize regularly to keep your skin soft and supple. Use gentle skin care products. Avoid using harsh soaps or abrasive scrubs that can remove natural oils from your skin.
9. Get regular check-ups
Changes in the skin can be a sign of underlying health problems, including skin cancer. When a person notices changes in their skin, such as a new mole, an irregularly shaped mole, or a mole that has changed in color or size, it is important to get a check-up to assess the potential risk of skin cancer. Regular visits to your dermatologist can help catch skin issues early and prevent further damage.
Achieve Healthier Skin!
Caring for our skin is essential for both cosmetic and health reasons. While many products and treatments are available to help maintain healthy skin, lifestyle changes and taking skin supplements may also play a role in achieving healthy skin.
If you’re looking for the best supplements to support healthy skin and overall health, look no further than Premier Health & Wellness Center! With a focus on high-quality and science-backed ingredients, our supplements help nourish and protect your skin from the inside out.
Supplements are available for purchase at www.premiernutraceuticals.com or at Premier Health and Wellness Center in Hamilton, Bermuda, and The Phoenix Centre Pharmacy in Hamilton, Bermuda.
Our team of experts is happy to answer any questions and provide more information on our products. Give us a call at 441-292-5111 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll be happy to help you get started on your journey towards healthier skin and a healthier you.