Stanley James, MD
Dr. Stanley James completed his undergraduate studies in biochemistry and religion at Oakwood University in Huntsville Alabama. He graduated from Loma Linda University School of Medicine with the Doctor of Medicine degree and finished his residency training in Internal Medicine at the Kettering Medical Center, Kettering Ohio.
After his residency he returned to Bermuda and practiced general Internal Medicine for 6 years. Dr. James pursued additional (pre-fellowship) training in cardiovascular diseases.
Dr. James recently returned to Bermuda from Michigan where he was practicing Internal Medicine at the Rappha Medical Center in St. Joseph Michigan.
Having been trained as a General Internist, Dr. James sees patients with a full range of medical problems, both simple and complex, and subsequently refers them when necessary to the appropriate sub-specialists. He is qualified to manage chronic diseases and has a keen interest in cardiovascular related diseases.
Areas of Expertise
- High blood pressure, shortness of breath, palpitations, chest pains, cardiac or heart related conditions;
- Respiratory (Lung) related problems;
- Indigestion and digestive disorders;
- Urinary tract infections, urinary disorders and other kidney diseases;
- Back pain, rheumatoid arthritis, gout and joint problems;
- Collagen vascular disorders i.e. Lupus erythematosus;
- Diabetes, cholesterol and lipid related disorders, metabolic disorders;
- Thyroid problems including hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism;
- Neurological disorders, strokes, headaches, migraines, seizures or epilepsy; and
Men’s health and wellness.
- National Youth Council for Bermuda (Past Chairman)
- Bermuda Hospitals Board (Member, Governance subcommittee)
- Bermuda Government Criminal Compensations Board (Member)
- Bermuda Transportation Control Board (Past Chairman)
- Member of the American College of Physicians
Relief work and Medical service – Haiti & Africa
Mentoring and lectures in schools, churches, prisons and detention centers on lifestyle illnesses and prevention.
Travels as a well sought after speaker across the United States, the Caribbean and Africa.